In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

anyone know about Rock Island 1911?

groovinmonkeygroovinmonkey Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have seen these for pretty cheap, does anyone have any experience with them. I am looking for a home defense weapon that I can target shoot.

i 8 1 i c u 8 1 2
can you read this?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello IMHO these pistols are not up to the quality of Sprigfield Colt Kimber & S&W . Some but not all GI type parts will fit but if you want just a plinker and never want to "BUILD" a custom gun It might be OK.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you put this in the general discussions forum you'd get a lot more info. I have seen these and shot one and to me it's just another .45 colt copy. For the price you can't go wrong, I would buy a osed Colt for the same money though.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Endowment Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    stuartstuart Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you won't be disappointed for the price...may need a little initial tweaking such as polish ramp and maybe a little heavier springs...keep in mind this is no Kimber but if you want a good solid .45 for plinking, home defense, etc. I don't think you can find a better gun for the money...mine (Armscor) has never as much as hiccupped using all kinds of loads, magazines, etc. My pringfield G.I. has needed to go to the gunsmith twice to get it where I can go through a magazine with it hanging up...love em both...
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would spend another hundred ,and get a Springfield mil spec myself ,it will retain most of its value ,but if you don't have the cash ,buy it ,I do know a few that have them ,and for the money they are hard to beat ,a lot better than a llama at the same price

target1_cg4.giftarget1_cg4.giftarget1_cg4.gif
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one for myself for Christmas. Great gun, very reliable so far. I can't get it to jam! Have tried all sorts of different ammo types and it feeds them all.

Positives:
    Very Reliable will feed all types of ammo.
    Cheap.
    Reliable.
    Accurate.
    Lowered Ejection Port.

Negatives:
    Sights are tiny.
    Some hammer bite.
    Parkarizing is light, my belt buckle scratched the grip frame.
    The factory supplied mag (Novak style) works & ejects perfect other mags seem sticky ejecting out of mag well. I bought 4 more Novak style mags from CDNN at $10 each.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    vikingsfaninmivikingsfaninmi Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try www.1911forum.com.