In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey bobski--Unique in the 28 Ga.

dg101windg101win Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I thought you might be interested in results I had using Unique in the 28 Ga.
Back in 1998 I fired 5 factory AA rounds for an avg. velocity of 1268 fps.
I then reloaded,fired and chronographed these 5 rounds until they were unusable.1 hull lasted for 13 reloads,another 17,another 18,then 19 and the last one 21 reloads.
Now true these were not pretty looking reloads nor would they function well in a pump or semi auto. I was using a Win Diamond Grade 12Ga with Kolar tubes.
Overall avg of velocities was 1239.57
As I said this was with AA hulls.Components were Win primer, Claybuster wads,12.8 grs of Unique and 3/4 oz of hard 8's.
I found that Unique seemed to be easier on the hulls than 540. In the past with 540 I had some of the hulls lose 3/4's of the tube,it burned off.
As I said in the other post I also had less felt recoil with Unique and since I use Unique for 20 Ga as well as most of my handguns it was easier on my powder inventory.
Just thought you might be interested in this info.

Retired Air Force Msgt--NRA Life Member since 1971

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems like unique is the powder of choice. seems like everything i need always has unique in it. great powder!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.