In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Beretta Shotgun

ItGoBangItGoBang Member Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2005 in Ask the Experts
Having a hard time finding anything about this Beretta.... Side-by-side, 28" BBL, 12 ga, double trigger,Has EXTRACTORS, Pietro Beretta-Gardone stamped on it, CAM 70 on it, K61. 450 on barrel. Made about 1971...what would the value be???
It will hurt you, More than it will hurt me..

Life Member..NRA,
American Legion, MECU, MWCA, SMSC, NASDS, IDPA
Thanks for all the help!

IN GOD WE TRUST! *And don't use Pay Pal!

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Nothing in particular about your gun, just some observations...

Beretta is a fine name. They don't put out junk.
    A double with extractors indicates a field model.
    12 ga. will be the most numerous.

I'd guess the value will fall right in with other quality field guns in similar condition. Probably in the $350 area for a well worn gun in good mechanical condition to double that for one in perhaps 90% condition.

Remember, this is a shooter.

Nord
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Tuff question.

The 450 Model would indicate that it was a custom made unit with a Holland & Holland Sidelock design. Value would be by a qualified appraisal since these start at about $8,000-$25,000.

Not sure this is correct, but it's the only 450 model that was made in side by side by Beretta (to my limited knowledge).

Best of luck, I'll follow this thread and learn.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks.....

I have a Blue Book, but it's a few years old 1996, and it does not even show the 450's jumps to the 451's. Trying to see if it was in a NEW Blue Book, if someone had one??? [:)]

Life Member..NRA,
    Thanks for all the help!

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I assumed a boxlock. There at least two models that fit the bill, so I'll stick to my guns... A utility scattergun. A fine one, though.

Nord
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    The model 450 is the same as a 451 series with the exception of the 450 being a Holland & Holland sidelock design vs. the 451 custom order sidelock. I'm confident that this IS what a model 450 is, just not sure by your markings that you have a 450. The 452 was the premium grade with high polished Silver.

Since the 450's were custom guns, there is no value assigned by most of the books I've seen.

Since there is a great deal of difference in value I suggest you contact Beretta USA and ask the question of "what" you have. There's a big difference between $2500 and $350.

Best of Luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life Member..NRA,
    Thanks for all the help!