In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

KKK Sword. Need Advice

greatstuffgreatstuff Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
Greetings. I own a sword that in its sheath measures 36" top to bottom. Its handle is plain black wood tapered at both ends. At the top of the handle is a silver colored armoured helmet.The bottom of the handle comes out as two sides of a cross with hammered and other minor detail. A small sheild aprx. 1-1/2" x 2" has an emblem of a hooded horseman with a raised burning cross raised over his head. The horse is raised slightly on two legs. The other side has a circle the size of a nickle with the stamped letters KKK on it. I see no inscriptions or identifying marks on the blade. The (sheath?) is metal and was originally painted black,much of the paint has worn or flaked off. At the bottom of the sheath their is a decorative end piece aprx.2 1/2 inches long in the same silverish material as the handle on the sword. It is fastened on with two screws. The sword has "even" medium to heavy wear- compared to other organizational swords that I have owned that were probably more used as wall hangers.It appears to have never been restored and I have never cleaned nor polished it in the 10 years that I have owned it. Sirs, If any one out there could give me any pertinent information/pricing or web sites where I might see another one, as in my research I have not seen another. My thanks in advance. Noel

Comments