In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Luger stock reproductions

11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm interested in finding a good reproduction of the artillery Luger stock. I've been looking at the C.M.R. reproduction (Brit.), and they "seem" to fit the bill. BUT I've heard horror stories about the attaching irons on some repro stock (being fabricated out pot metal). I've sent some inquires to C.M.R. about the subject and they don't seem to know!...(OR did they seem to want to learn either!) SO my question is, does anybody have any first hand knowledge on this subject, and what is their judgment about the quality of these reproductions? THX! ...Mark

"FEAR the Goverment, that fears your ARMS"

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I've seen steel and potmetal reproductions of the stock iron. Some need to be fitted a bit and you know to ALWAYS WORK THE STOCK, NOT THE PISTOL!

Both types hold up okay for showing or shooting. I would much rather have a soft stock iron that won't damage the pistol than a hard as nails reproduction.

If you are going for authenticity, replace the phillips head screws holdng the leather with straight slot screws.

wings2.gif