In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 12 Info & VAlue?

rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just now got this Model 12 in trade. S/N 610xxx, about 95% but for the drag marks on the mag tube. Super quality wood probably not factory with cheekpiece & deluxe checkering. Stock has a few use-marks but none thru the finish. Now the downside: it has a Weaver choke on it and had a scope base which left two holes in the receiver. Gun was probably the rework Of John Dubiel because it is from an estate that had two Hoffmann shotguns and other hi-end pieces. Dubiel was foreman here at Hoffmann and later on his own after Hoffmann moved out. I took it in at $350 mainly because of the beautiful wood. Your thoughts, appraisal, comments appreciated. Thanks

I remember John Dubiel and went to school with his kids. His son Joe became a gunsmith and maker of some repute himself.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You paid just about exactly what it is worth as a classy "shooter". It has very little (if any) Winchester collector value as a result of all the non-factory modifications.