In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W MODEL 15 DATE OF MANUFACTURE?

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
I recently picked up a Model 15 Masterpiece and am curious of the date of manufacture. The serial number is 150100. The number is preceeded by a "K", with several spaces between the K & the number.
This information is on the bottom of the handle.

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DOM for serial number K150100 should be 1952 according to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for the reply.

Have a great day.

Aaron
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're welcome! Have a great day as well!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    That's a Combat Masterpice and you have a good gun there. IMHO, in that period S&W produced the best trigger action ever offered on a general purpose revolver.

Considering your gun's age it could possibly use a thorough internal cleaning/lubrication session, but it should be excellent without any actual modification.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TXS- You are correct. It's a Combat Masterpiece. I ahve had a couple of these and they are great guns. I should have provided the correct description.

Thanks,

Aaron
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MOONED
    I recently picked up a Model 15 Masterpiece and am curious of the date of manufacture. The serial number is 150100. The number is preceeded by a "K", with several spaces between the K & the number.
    This information is on the bottom of the handle.

Handle??? Did you mean "gripframe"?[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You nailed it Chris. You knew exactly what I meant by the desription I gave.