In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 1861 Army Nickel Plated w shoulder stock

1950indianchief1950indianchief Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if the Remington factory finished the first version of the 1861 Army in nickel plating? The grips are original and not stamped with any military marks. This leads me to believe after the army forced the factory to change the design it's probable that any guns not delivered to the army were sold to the public with the possibility of a special nickel finish. The pistol also comes with what appears to be an original steel rod shoulder stock, it fastens to the back/strap and grip/frame bottom with two strong screw type bolts. It's not a backyard/barn type of addition as there's a pin inserted into the bottom of the grip frame adjacent to the screw to help stabilize the stock. Here's a thread to a few pictures I took, they're not very good but if you're interested in helping research drop me an email and I'll take some more photos. Thanks Steve

http://www.hunt101.com/forum/showthread.php?p=457#post457

Comments