In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt All American Model 2000 HELP!

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Double Action 9mm, 20,000 made, looks something like a High Power, Eugene Stoner design with a rotating barrel lockup. Simple design with very few parts, easy to field strip.....not so easy to put back together![:(!]
I think the barrel rotated out of the battery position when I was re-assembling it. Now I can't get it back into position or get the slide off.
Anyone own one of these that has any tricks to re-assembly?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steve has the original Colt manual as a PDF file, at this link. Good Luck.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one N.I.B. with manual.If you need help I'll dig it out tomorrow,let me know? I've never disassembled the gun. [:)]
  • Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one with a similar problem. The little roller went into the wrong groove. Once the slide was put back on it locked everything up. After much trial and error I decided to rotate the muzzle and break the plastic recoil rod to get the unit disassembled. When I did the rod actually flexed enough to get the front end off and disassemble the gun. I reassembled it and it worked fine. Not sure if this is the same problem you have but it is worth a try.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe and Art, thanks! I had already found the PDF file manual online, unfortunately it doesn't give much help.
    Mark, I was sitting here thinking about doing the same thing, snapping the rod off, but I know I'd never find a replacement. It's exactly the same problem you had. Im at the point I may do it anyhow and machine a new one.
    I'll let you know if I get lucky or not.
    edited November -1
    Mark G, I owe you a cold one![:D]
    edited November -1
    Glad to be of help.

Also, are you aware that Colt had a recall on the trigger assembly on these units. I believe there will be a star stamped on the trigger guard if it has been upgraded. I'll try to find my paperwork from Colt to verify.
    edited November -1
    Don't see any star stamps, this one has the polymer frame and trigger rollers. Any modification to this trigger would be an improvement!

My failed attempt at reassembly was because I missed the part about the front trigger rollers being angled down and inserted into the roller track. After I figured that out, it was a piece of cake. Simple design, too bad the trigger pull is so god awful.
    edited November -1
    Trap55,

I have sold the gun and can't find the paperwork from Colt. I probably gave it to the new owner. I found the following gun on the auctions and I believe the star looked like the one in the photos. Just a side note, the new trigger didn't improve the pull.

Happy shooting

Mark
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=143533895
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I can see the difference in the triggers now.