In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trigger

southiasouthia Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Is a remington trigger adaptable to a mauser action?
dennisw

Comments

• southiasouthia Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have purchased the Ruger mini 14 Target in .223 laminate, stainless and it has the worst trigger I have ever squeezed. So now I am in the market for a replacement or advice on how to remedy the problem, help.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nowadays because of legal liability problems a lot of triggers are sold in lawyer proof mode.

GOOGLE the "Ruger Forum", trigger mods are a popular subject over there. Somebody will give you a link to a gunsmith who specializes in Mini 14 Ruger trigger work, you're not the only person with the same problem.
  • southiasouthia Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by southia
    I have purchased the Ruger mini 14 Target in .223 laminate, stainless and it has the worst trigger I have ever squeezed. So now I am in the market for a replacement or advice on how to remedy the problem, help.

How depressing is it that a so called "target" gun comes with a lousy trigger? (Now go check the other concurrent thread about how inaccurate the mini-14s are!).

Anyway, if you just Google "Ruger 14 trigger job" you'll come up with some links on what you might do.

Also, this probably can't hurt:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=167/Product/MINI_14_30_reg__ADJUSTABLE_TRIGGER
  • donut77donutdonut77donut Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine done here and he did a great job.
    It was years ago so not sure if the info is current
    but here you go:

NW Shooters Support
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Phone: 503-643-6136
    "Mike in Oregon"<Mike.W.Knifong@tek.com>
    Ballistics Consulting & Pressure testing
    Laser Rangefinder & Varmint Bench Rental
    Moly Coating
    .45acp to .450 Magnum/.45Super Conversion Kits
    Ruger Mini-14/30 Gas Port Kit & 4lb triggers
    Ruger 10/22 trigger work

Best of luck with your new
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello southia---FYI, Several years ago I bought a NIB mini, sent it off to have trigger replaced, (I don't remember where). When it came back, the trigger was much better, but the gun was still a 3" +++ gun, scoped, 100 yd's., from a bench. A total waste of $150!!! Some one else owns that POS now. Why can't Ruger make this gun shoot????? Good luck HAWKSHAW