In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rear sight for double barrel 12 ga

jnjbrintonjnjbrinton Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Guess my question wasn't clear regarding a windage adjustable rear sight for a side by side 12ga without a vent rib. I have to hold 6" left to get 80% of the 00 buckshot on a deer size target at 25-50 yds. Holding dead on nets 20% or less. I'm looking for a rear sight like is on my Rem 870 deer guns, but I didn't want to tap my double barrel. Though someone might mfg a clip-on. Going to be walking a lot in heavy cover and the double is 4# lighter that my 870's and has a shorter barrel.
JNJ

Comments

• RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can find the sight you want, you might try attaching it with epoxy or even gorilla glue. You won't have a professional type job but you will be able to remove it if you want to. As another thought, do you think the stock cant is throwing off the aim. It is odd for a double to be that far out of regulation. Sounds like you have something set up for for a left hander and used by a right hand person or visa versa.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't know anyone still hunted deer with buckshot.

I wonder if you couldn't adapt a lever action rear "post style" peep sight to the shotgun.

Not sure if they are windage adjustable though.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is you need a double leaf type rear sight. One leaf for the left tube, and one for the right, unless your barrels both converge around 40-50 yards. Have you checked out where both barrels pattern from point of aim?

Best
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do both Bbl's shoot to the same side??? Depending on the dist. for the regulation, one Bbl. should shoot a little Lt., and the other a little to the Rt. HAWKSHAW