In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gunsafes

tagskstagsks Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need info on a couple of safes I ran across. They are made by a company called Kingsbery manufacturing in Texas.The co. is out of business. They are not fireproof, but they are built like tanks,just steel outer,felt inner. value is the question. one holds 45 guns and has 2 shelves on top.the other has a lazy susan rack that holds a dozen guns with a shelf on top. anybody familiar with these?
thanks for any info. tagsks

Comments

• tagskstagsks Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the value of these safes is what I'm looking to find out here.
    the big one(45 gun) probably weighs 1000 lbs while the smaller weighs
    around 600 lbs.I'd say.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    I have never heard of this safe company, but I wouldn't purchase any safe that isn't fireproof. All reputable gun safes are fire proof to one degree or another. There are some great safes being made by Canon, Ft.Knox, Browning, etc. If fire isn't a concern for you, and these safes you ran across are solid (heavy), and LOW priced, they may fit your need.
    *** I just realized you gave the weight of each. They are heavy enough.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overall size? Price? What they hold is overstated by every mfgr I have checked out. Perhaps they mean Daisy .17 pellet rifles! That aside, I never thought much of "fireproof". None are fireproof. If you have a chimmey only remaining fire, forget it. Yes, a fire that damages only part of the home and doesn't directly affect the gun room except for smoke and some heat - yeah, they are effective. Let us know how you do.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.