In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tasco model 703? Bausch & Lomb BALvar 4

maxoverdrive69maxoverdrive69 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I hope I can figure out how to post some pictures on here. I found these two older scopes in the Attic at my parents house and wondered if anyone could provide any information about either one. They are both non-adjustable. The Tasco is interesting because it says "US Government Property" "U.S Army Training Device Agency" on the eye piece. The Tasco also says model 703 and ""Manufactured to US Army Specifications for Project Realtrain" on the box. The Bausch and Lomb says "BALvar4 2?x-4x". Any info on the value and any practical application of the scopes would be greatly appreciated. They are both like new. Thanks

DSCN0266.jpg
DSCN0273.jpg
DSCN0279.jpg
DSCN0280.jpg
DSCN0281.jpg

Comments

• HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello overdrive---In it's day the B & L was top of the line. I used to have several of the BalVar 2.5-8. This scope is still very usable, but it takes it's own mounts, which are adjustable for both windage, and elevation. The unique part of this system is that you could have many rifles with the B & L mount on them, and just move the scope back and forth (gun to gun). The bases were gun specific, but the part that attached to the scope stayed with the scope. They always seemed to return to zero. I know nothing about the Tasco. HAWKSHAW
  • maxoverdrive69maxoverdrive69 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawk,
    Thanks for the info. Are those adjustable mounts still available?