In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bipods.... again

B_McB_Mc Member Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am putting it on my first brand new nice set up. T/C Icon topped with a Burris Euro Diamond. What I mean by not breaking the bank is I want something that is worth what I pay for that will last if taken care of.

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    B_Mc,

Take it from me, I have several bi-pods of several different makers. I wanted to try as many different ones, as a dealer, so I could reccommend to my customers. HARRIS spanks them all as far as value! They even make a series that swivels.

There may be tougher, and more expensive ones, as well as cheaper ones...Harris is the standard by which all others are judged.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

Best
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first Harris bi-pod was a (S) bench rest model, I have had it for about 8 years, It has been on some heavy rifles, dropped, rained on, and god awful bunch of other abuse.. It still does everything it did when I bought it with narry a hiccup. Refer to your first post if you want see which models I specifically recomend because I have them and use them often..

the reason I did not recomend one Harris model over all others is because I do not know the terrain,herbage, positions you would be useing most. The 9-13"($120.00) is great if you are gonna be shooting from prone, The 13" to 27"($140.00) is best if most of your shooting is done setting or kneeling positions.

If you are mostly a stalk/roam hunter the (S-25c) 13" to 27" might have an edge. If you are a mostly a stationary bean field hunter like me the prone position is the most stable, a(LM) 9"-13" might have the edge. It is kinda hard to flop into prone and make a level 300 yard shot in the middle of 3 foot tall sage grass, it is kinda hard to use a 13" tall bipod when you are shooting downward cosines prone, but it can be done.

What your choice of model should revolve around is where and how you intend use the bipod most.

hope this helps MC.
  • B_McB_Mc Member Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Eastern NC mostly flat, fairly long bean/corn fields. I have mainly been a stand hunter but I am trying something different this year. Thanks for the advice yall.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem, Glad to help.

I choose the bi pod I need for the place I am going to set up.. If i have a fairly open woodline or fence row overlooking alot of land, i will take one of the big pods because it is more comfy and practical to set then lay on the cold ground.

if I am gonna be hunting my usual haunts then it has to be an LM because there is no place to hide except on the ground.. The deer are wary here by the time modern gun season comes along in november.