In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Am I asking too much?

myersbuckmyersbuck Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Here is a link to my auction. Let me know what ya think. Thanks!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144248425

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    Not selling to California costs you a lot of potential bidders. Otherwise it seems like a fair opening bid.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No inspection or return is a no no.
  • myersbuckmyersbuck Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok...thank you for the info...I will add in an inspection period and return option.

I was told I couldnt sell to Cali people...hmmm
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,453 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by myersbuck
    Ok...thank you for the info...I will add in an inspection period and return option.

There is nothing about that shotgun that would be prohibited in CA and since you are a non FFL you don't need a CA DOJ issued transaction number ship the gun.
  • myersbuckmyersbuck Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to know...thank you...COME ONE COME ALL...CALI TO MAIN! haha

thanks again [:D]
  • bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck, you should get that price.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,702 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    quote:Originally posted by myersbuck

There is nothing about that shotgun that would be prohibited in CA and since you are a non FFL you don't need a CA DOJ issued transaction number ship the gun.

That's correct assuming the buyer's FFL will accept a firearm from a non-licensee.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paypal cannot be used for firearms. The Evil Ones use a bot to search all Paypal correspondence for certain words like "gun". If they find out, they will freeze your account (& money) for an extended time.

Some folks use it for guns, but the code word "discreet Paypal" should be used if you want to try it.

Neal
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    The buyer is required to place an item description into the payment invoice. Have the buyer use the words 'Camping Accessories'.

Red-flagged Paypal keywords: Gun; AK; M______(anything following); AR_______(anything following); Colt; Smith & Wesson; Ammo; Receiver; Barrel; Any manufacturers name, etc. You get the idea. Don't forget to pluralize the word Camping Accessories because the cost of the firearm is beyond the norm for a single camping item. Best, Joe