In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Auction Fraud? Or Bad Luck?

rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

I did "Buy It Now" for a pistol on Gun Broker auction, sent Postal MOs with FFL, seller confirmed receipt & would try to send next day, Friday and would email tracking number. Said it didn't get it out & would go first thing Monday by UPS & I would have it in two days. Email was answered, giving serial number. Tuesday no email, no tracking number - sent email, no reply, phone calls get only busy signal. Wednesday no gun received at gun shop.

There are possibilities other than fraud, such as a fire at his house. Checking with GB - they will prompt the seller with email if problem is not resolved with three weeks.

Amount of $1150 won't put me on welfare. All info appreciated.

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,702 ******
    edited November -1
    This needs to be handled with GB support. Hopefully, it's just miscommunication. Best of luck to you.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I can understand emotion being injected into the transaction, else you would not have typed [item above].

Seller said it would be sent out two days prior to this writing. If emotion were to be removed, you would be able to see that two days is certainly not unreasonable. Forget that 'monday mailing' business. Seller is probably 'soothing' the caller over the phone..and doesn't mean he won't deliver, just wants to hang up and continue with things at his end.

I also am quite sure the seller's feedback bespeaks volumes vis-a-vis his character. There's nothing for you to do at two days lapse. Hope I made you somewhat at ease over this. Best, Joe