In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem 597 22 mag

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I know there has been a lot of contriverosy bout the 17 but mine shoots and operates great. How bout the 22 mag. Thinkin bout gettin one also. Thoughts??? Experiences???? Thanx Steve

Comments

• Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is very accurate but none of the three magazines I've bought for it will hold the advertised 8 rounds. You have to force them to hold even 7 but I only tried once or twice with each mag. Even if you could get 7 or 8 in it would be a problem because it usually won't feed if I put more than 5 in a mag. I just put one in the pipe and 5 in the mag and it works every time that way. Other than that I really like it. The mags are supposed to be identical for the 22M and the 17. Can you get 8 or even 7 in yours?
  • Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yEP BUT HAVE SAME PROB. I JUST USE 5-6 LIKE YOU AND SEEMS TO WORK FINE ALL DAY. JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER BRICK OF AMMO FOR 99.99 AND AWAY WE GO.hORNADY BRAND
  • Options
    MemphisJim1MemphisJim1 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two+ years ago when I bought my 597s in .22WMR and .17HMR, I too was having feeding issues with full magazines. I read a post in another forum recommending exactly what you gentlemen have already discovered: load the mags to 5-6 max. Since then I've had absolutely no feeding issues with either. The .17HMR is now relegated to "safe queen" status as I will no longer shoot it due to the known out-of-battery firing issues...and I won't go along with Remington's recall-on-the-cheap.