In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ignorant or a con??

cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd call it "marketing".

The more catch words you put in the title line, the more bidders you are likely to get interested. Obviously, he must know that it is a Chicom product (it says, "made in China" on the rifle). But, an argument can be made that the AK-47 is a Russian design. It's like we refer to the "Browning" Hi-Power when we usually mean the FN Hi-Power.

With the possible exception of a handful of LE/dealer samples, no Russian AK-47's have ever been imported.

Neal
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CP,

Go see your eye doctor. Did you not see the picture, where it has stamped on it "Made in China"?

Poly Tech's were all made in China, as Poly Technologies is a Chineese company.

Best

EDIT 1:

CP,
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you, but trying to add humor, and point out the Made in China stamp.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TSR

I guess I need a sarcasm button

The seller emailed that it was Russian.

CP
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd
    TSR

I guess I need a sarcasm button

The seller emailed that it was Russian.

CP

Aha! That little tidbit (in blue) puts a whole new light on the subject! I'm happy you got it to us! Best, Joe