In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Origin for AK 47 with underfolder blade bayonet

roybmeroybme Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I keep seeing video footage of an AK 47 with a underfolding blade type bayonet (as opposed to a spike). The bayonet configuration is much like some of the YUGO SKS rifles. At least some of these AK's appear to have a milled receiver. Does anybody have descriptive and/or origin information for these rifles? I don't see them described in any of the literature that I've been able to get my hands on.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would it be possible to give us a link to either on-line videos or photos of this variation? Never run across or was aware that their was a AK with a folding blade bayonet. The Chinese folding pig sticker bayonets are specifically made for AK's, as they are are shorter then the common ones normally found on their SKS's.
  • Options
    roybmeroybme Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Would it be possible to give us a link to either on-line videos or photos of this variation? Never run across or was aware that their was a AK with a folding blade bayonet. The Chinese folding pig sticker bayonets are specifically made for AK's, as they are are shorter then the common ones normally found on their SKS's.

The video I've seen has all been on TV. The only example I can specifically recall was a program on the "Military Channel" that included some "expert" demonstrating the virtues of an AK. That was the only example that I could identify as having a milled receiver. All the examples I've seen have either been in the hands of the US military, or with people loosely associated with the US military. I know that the military is buying some new manufacture AK's. Possibly this was one of those, but I don't know.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    China? I'm only going on 'sperience here. We've recovered in the field AK's with underfolder bayos (longer and thinner than the M14 bayo, but with the same 'point' contour) as captured equipment.

Also, most of them were on underfolder stock equipped AK's. I'm saying China, because they were field/cache pickups by us while in Vietnam. Best, Joe
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is the spike version in a Chinese made type 56 AK-clone:
    ChineseType56.jpg

Edit, there are even a few of these for sale on the auction site, eg:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144878819#PIC
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144748896#PIC