In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 110e 308

mikesfast13mikesfast13 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am wanting to put a tactical stock on this rifle. I need to know if its short or long action. Its an older rifle from the 80's. I measured between action screws and it measures 4.500 inches. Any help would be great and thank you very much.
Mike

Comments

• Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think all 308's are short action
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 7mm-08 Savage 111 which is a 110 with a fiber glass stock and it's a long action. How old is your Savage ??? The newer ones had a short action while the older ones used a long action. A 308 is normally considered a short action caliber but I'm not so sure in the older Savages that they are. I would measure the length of the bolt I think that would tell a different story.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

The best way to tell what action length you have is to measure from center to center of the action screws. The long action is 5.062 inches center to center, the short action is 4.500 inches center to center.

You have a short action.

Good luck!

Ed