In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Angle eject

PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
What is the difference between angle and top??When did U.S.R.A.C. start making them.
Thanks PEZ.

Comments

• Options
    HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello pezhead265
    I'm not sure when Win. started making them, but the AE ejects out the side to facilitate mounting a scope, which you can't do with the top (std.) eject. Unless of course you mount on the side. HAWKSHAW
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello PEZ,

From October of 1894 through 1982, all of the Model 1894/94s were top-eject. In 1983, the U.S. Repeating Arms Company (U.S.R.A.Co.) introduced the angle-eject (AE). To go a bit further, the hammer block safety was introduced in 1984, and the Cross bolt safety in 1992.
  • Options
    PEZHEAD265PEZHEAD265 Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    Hello PEZ,

From October of 1894 through 1982, all of the Model 1894/94s were top-eject. In 1983, the U.S. Repeating Arms Company (U.S.R.A.Co.) introduced the angle-eject (AE). To go a bit further, the hammer block safety was introduced in 1984, and the Cross bolt safety in 1992.

Hi Bert did U.S.R.A.Co. make a top eject also in a 94??.AE'S have a cut out on the side of the reciever where the top eject don't right.
    I have a Model 94 Wrangler in 32 Win with out the cut out.If that is a top eject the BluE BOOK 29th edition says that there was 7,947 made.It is a large loop with a roll=engraved recieverNIB value??The serial # puts it in the 82-83 years.The Wrangler2 was in 32 win was [disc. 1984]was that a AE only??
    Thanks PEZ.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the U.S.R.A.Co. made a top-eject Model 94... from 1981 to 1983. If your 32 Win Spl was made in 82-83, it would (should) be a top-eject.

I do not claim to be an expert as it relates to the U.S.R.A.Co. made guns, but I would expect any/all 1984 production Model 94s to be angle-ejects.

Lastly, none of the U.S.R.A.Co. manufactured guns are considered collectable (yet), and as such, there is very little information available on their value (at least outside of publications like the Blue Book). Your guess is as good as mine concerning the value of a 1982-83 production Model 94.