In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pistol

wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me some info on a Arminius 38 special revolver. I cannot find anything about it. My book notes that it was previously manufactured in Zella-Mehlis Germany from 1922-1970. This one has a ribbed barrel.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    im wanting to start rabbit hunting with a pistol anyone got any suggestions that wont break the bank
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 38spl S&W 5hot short barrel, serial # J149573. I want to know what model it is and anything else about it. Its as new. Worth??
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a CHARLES PH CLEMENT LIEGE 6633 PISTOL . i would like to find some information about this gun. i dont know how old it is,where its from, or its possible value. any info will help. thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would like information about the FEG PR63. Quality,relibility,and about what price. THANKS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a (femaru-fegyver-es rt 37m)pistol in chrome or nichel, and in fair to good condition. any idea of what it is worth. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A Warner .31 cal patent 1875 5 shot revolver. Good condition Info and value please.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can any one tell me some about a S&W ctg 32 5 shot some times call lemon squeeze
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I inherited an old American Bulldog pistol. I'm told it belonged to my wife's great grandfather. It's stainless or nickle with a 2" octagonal barrel. I'm not absolutely sure of the caliber. It's in decent shape considering its been sitting in a dresser drawer for the past fifty years or more. Anyone have any idea what this thing might be worth or where I can get more info on it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a German pistol--ROHM GMBH SONTHEIM/BRZ 22 cal. Does anyone know whatthis gun is worth?
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger or Browning .22 autoloader or Ruger Single Six-you can't go wrong with any of those and all can be had for under $300 and sometimes cheaper used. Also check your state laws to make sure you can hunt rabbits with a handgun--should be no problem though.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    +1 on the Ruger Single Six with the 22lr/22 mag cylinders.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on what you mean by "break the bank", but any .22 pistol with adjustable sights could work.

A dot sight might help too, so you might think about that as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i was thinking along the lines of a contender so i can use 410 shells or something besides a judge
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contender in .410 would work for close range stuff, I'm guessing 20-30 yards as absolute tops with birdshot. You can even get a .22 barrel as well for versatility.

The listed .22's will shoot critters at further range with more accuracy and less cost than .410 shells. (I have a 6.5 inch Ruger with 2 cylinders, along with a Taurus 94 .22 lr and a Taurus 941 .22 mag in revolver persuasion, and a Sig mosquito and a "restored from rust-pit hell" Ruger mk 1 for semi-auto fun) I like hunting with .22's, they just seem to work well for me.
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing wrong with any of the suggestions in the previous posts. You might want to look for a Colt Woodsman though. IMO unbeatable for balance and very accurate little guns. One in collectable condition will break the bank but folks loved these guns and used them a lot so there are well used ones available at reasonable prices. Used to carry one a lot while deer and elk hunting in the Pacific Northwest to shoot the occasional grouse.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't use bird shot, I hunt them with sixes in a ten inch contender.