In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mounting a scope

noell316noell316 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
Is ther any way of mounting a scope on a 94 Winchester with out drilling and tapping the reciever? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redfield (I think) once made a small diameter, long eye relief, scope for mounting on the barrel of the 94. I assume you'd still have to drill some holes; but in the barrel, not the receiver.
    Took my 94 out for opening day of the deer season. Left my scoped .257, .308, etc. in the closet. Can;t even think about spoiling that light, fast handling profile with a tube and glass. If you really need the scope I'd get a 336 and keep the 94 as is. Just my 2 cents.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    Jim RehmJim Rehm Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver makes a side mount base for the model 94. It uses the 2 holes at the rear of the receiver for a peep sight and the hole for the lever pin plug screw. Be aware that the link pin screw is a different size for the pre and post 64 models. Weaver lists a model for each.
  • Options
    noell316noell316 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help. The rifle is not mine, it is an heirloom of one of my church members. He doesn't want to drill any holes ibn anything.
    BZ