In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1894 Saddle Ring Carbine

johnpar2johnpar2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know the first and last years Winchester made the 1894 saddle ring carbine? I believe 1928 was the last year but unable to find that info. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester manufactured the first SRC on 11-1-1894 (serial number 471), and the last ones were made in the year 1932. Starting in April of 1932, Winchester began to phase out the saddle ring on the Model 94 as a standard production item, and by the first month of 1933, the saddle ring was an optional (special order) item only.
  • Options
    johnpar2johnpar2 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Bert, much appreciated. I have a 1939 SRC and thought that was late for a SRC. Must have been a special order!
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by johnpar2
    Thanks for the info Bert, much appreciated. I have a 1939 SRC and thought that was late for a SRC. Must have been a special order!

You are quite welcome[:)]

Are you sure that it is actually a 1939 vintage SRC? The currently published serial number listings for the Model 1894/94 are horribly inaccurate. The year 1939 encompassed serial numbers 1198405 - 1216125. With the serial number on your SRC, I can provide you with the exact month & year that it was manufactured.