In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RIA 1911 fs tact 2011 safety does not work

eagle0800eagle0800 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I have a friend that has a new RIA m1911 A1 FS tact 2011 and the thumb safety does not work. Sometimes when it is engaged and you pull the trigger the hammer will fall and other times if you pull the trigger with the safety engaged the hammer will fall about 1/4 of the way and if you dis-engage the safety it will proceed to fall all the way. Both of us have completely disassembled it and cannot find the reason behind it, no one has tampered with the internals, there is no wear on the parts, all seem to be in spec. what could cause this and would a swap out of all the internals fix it or should send it back or take it to a gunsmith?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New Gun, send it back to Pahrump[:D]. And have RI fix it. I'm sure they will jump on it right away. Something like this, is a huge liability problem. And could cause them, a lot of grief.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take it back to the jerks that sold it to you. They should have done a basic safety function check before they sold it to you.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's made by Philpenese all hopped up on San Miguel. You must've gotten a Monday or Friday gun. All jokes aside I've been told they been making good stuff lately.
  • Options
    eagle0800eagle0800 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK I did as forgemonkey suggested and even brought out my Colt series 80 to get a visual comparison. The sear is moving a lot on the RIA in question and my old Colt that is well broken in has no movement. Thank you all for the advice. I'm going to tell him his best bet is to send it back for repair. Thank you all so much for identifying the issue do I can show him
  • Options
    big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Problem.. Made in the Philippines..Buy American!!!!

You get what you pay for.!!!!