In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Standard Magazines

aldo35aldo35 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ask the Experts
Any general info on dates/models HS factory magazines came without name on base, silver tops, in the white etc.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is the price people are asking for the old red plastic bottom High Standard magazines used for the 106 series?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anybody had any experience with the TripleK magazines for the High Standard HD-Military? Are they any good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend person or shop that will tune up HS mags for SK100 and Supermatic 102?

Thanks

Aldo35
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Standard pistols are prone to feeding problems, because there isn't a integral feed ramp in the barrel.

They has caused me a lot of aggravation in the past. The very front portion of the rear lips, is where most of the problems originate. The spacing between the very front of the rear lips should be just under 3/16".

You need a dial caliper that is able to measure I.D.'s to set them correctly. If the measurement is over 3/16, the bullets will hit the top of the chamber. Under 3/16 they will hit the bottom.

I use needle nose vise grips, with jaws padded with duct tape. To compress the very front of the lips. If the bullets are going in high. The shank of a 3/16" drill to separate the front of the lips. If going in low.

Also found out, that round nose solid .22 bullets. Feed much better than hollow points. In High Standards with cranky magazines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, that is very helpful. I will give you an update.
    Aldo35
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice tips guys. CCI work best in my HD Military. I have 5 magazines for it, 4 of which I tuned. I had Sport King with a 12" barrel someone put on. It cycled flawlessly and was wonderfully accurate. I sold it (sadly) when I got out of rim fires for the most part many years ago.