In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem mod 14

gatorhidegatorhide Member Posts: 562 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
The action is locked up steadfast in an almost open position and will
not budge in either direction with hand pressure only.
Does the take down screw come all of the way out of the gun, or remain attached to the frame ? Any ideas on what could cause such a lockup ?
Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    looking for Remingtons model 14 any suggestions????
  • Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the take-down screw only comes out so far (so it won't get lost). Cant tell anything about the lock up.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was my first big game rifle in 30 Rem many years ago. I think the screw stays in the grip frame. It should spin freely when disengaged, about 1/4" out from when fully tightened.

Could be anything, perhaps a loose primer in the works, a screw backing out.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Remington-33454/Rifles-37895/14-39479.htm?results=All
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unscrew the screw. It should slide back and forth. It's retained
    by a bushing in the frames' left side. Don't try to drive it out.
    Try to work the slide with the slide lock button depressed.
    With the takedown screw all the way to the left,try to separate the two halves using a little force like banging the pistol grip with your palm.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey v35, I just read your post and followed your instructions, AND IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM !! Thank you for your correct response and I do appreciate it very much. Thanks, gatorhidequote:Originally posted by v35
    Unscrew the screw. It should slide back and forth. It's retained
    by a bushing in the frames' left side. Don't try to drive it out.
    Try to work the slide with the slide lock button depressed.
    With the takedown screw all the way to the left,try to separate the two halves using a little force like banging the pistol grip with your palm.