In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TD 1894 First year production

chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have a chance to buy an1894 Winchester Take Down model in the following condition.
The rear half from the front of the receiver to the butt plate is original and in decent shape.
No finish but not buggered either. The wood is nice /no cracks or splits etc.
However the front half including the TD attaching piece is newer and obviously not matching .
The magazine is short and it has a round barrel. 38-55 caliber.
Overall its a good looking shooter with a serial number in the low 2k range.
My question is ---is this just a shooter or does the early serial number demand a higher price.
I can get the thing for around 600.
Thanks for you opinions

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Model 1894 "First year" production ended with serial number 1674. Is it a 1st variation or a 2nd variation (that will make a big difference in the potential desirability and value). Can you post pictures of it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will try to post pictures soon. The rifle is not a first model because it does not have the two
    external screws rear of the loading gate. Too bad. It still may be a good shooter!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [img]chicoppee0UPLOAD Browse DISCOVER FEATURED Social PROFILE LIKED Manage Images REPAIR IMAGES ALL IMAGES ALBUMS TAGS IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1840.jpg LIKE RELATED IMAGES chicoppee Uploaded Jul 16, 2016 4:03pm GET LINKS / IMAGE SIZES TAGS Tags separated by space, multiple words must be "wrapped in quotes" CAMERA SETTINGS MakeApple ModeliPhone 6 Aperturef/2.2 Date & Time2016-07-14 15:50:18.794 Exposure Time1/30 Focal Length4.2 mm (35 mm equivalent: 29.0 mm) ISO200 Dimensions2448 x 3264 Size2.4KB SHARE[/img][img][/img]chicoppee0UPLOAD
    Browse
    DISCOVER
    FEATURED
    Social
    LIKED
    Manage Images
    REPAIR IMAGES
    ALL IMAGES
    ALBUMS
    TAGS
    IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    RELATED IMAGES
    chicoppee Uploaded Jul 16, 2016 4:03pm

GET LINKS / IMAGE SIZES
    TAGS

Tags separated by space, multiple words must be "wrapped in quotes"
    CAMERA SETTINGS
    MakeApple
    ModeliPhone 6
    Aperturef/2.2
    Date & Time2016-07-14 15:50:18.794
    Exposure Time1/30
    Focal Length4.2 mm (35 mm equivalent: 29.0 mm)
    ISO200
    Dimensions2448 x 3264
    Size2.4KB
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might try consulting the posting pic's sticky.

Open a free photobucket account after you create a junk mail account that will get spammed. Upload your pic's to that account, then copy and past links from the pic to here using the pic icon.