In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WASR-3

agostinoagostino Member Posts: 414 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a WASR-3 in a trade that has a feed/ejection problem. The spent casing is not clearing the chamber before another round tries to load. My guess is that the bolt closes too soon and should be slowed down to allow the casing to clear. It would seem that the bolt should be slowed on the recoil. Heavier recoil springs are available from Wolff, but do I need a lighter or a heavier spring? I have not seen lighter springs available from any source.

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had a couple of those and maybe tear it apart and look see. Clean gas tubes ect. Ammmo, another potential problem. I used good stuff and no problems. Factory springs "should" work well in that rifle if the above items are checked. imo..
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that the Wasr 3's, were imported to work with a specific 10 round, single stack magazine only.

After being imported, they were reworked for the convention AK 30 rounder.

Who did the rework and it's quality, has a great influence on the functioning of the Wasr.

EDIT #1,

Check this out, from Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASR-series_rifles