In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CURIO/RELIC LISCENCE

kosmo113kosmo113 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
I am listing an Ithaca 37 Featherlite and am wondering if this qualifies to ship to a C/R. My understanding is the gun must be 50 years old, the Featherlite is not, however the Standard 37 was made in the 50's. Does this qualify all 37's including the Featherlite?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only if the Model 37 including all variants are listed specifically. There is a list of included models (for example, all Colt Woodsman) in addition to the 50 year requirement. Many listed ran to less than 50 years ago in production, but are almost entirely sought by collectors. The C&R list is on the BATF site.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Short answer, NO.
    The particular gun needs to be at 50 years old.
    So, just because the model itself is over 50 years old, they continued to manufacture the particular model past 1966. So, if yours was manufactured ater (checked by serial number) 1966 it is not C&R eligible.[;)]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gents up there ^^^ are absolutely correct.

Say I have two Marlin 39As. One is 50 years old. It is a C&R firearm. The other is 49 years old. It is NOT a C&R (but will be next year). The 50 year requirement is not when the model was first introduced, but when THE gun in your hand was made.

Exceptions to the 50 year rule are when a gun is listed on the BATFE C&R list (such as ALL Colt Woodsman pistols, ALL Winchester Model 88s, etc)