In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushnell Phantom mount ID.

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
I bought several old scopes from an on-line surplus site. One of them is a Bushnell Phantom pistol scope with mount. The mount appears to fit into a 3/8 inch dovetail used to hold a rear rifle or pistol sight. Any ideas as to what gun this mount was made to fit? The mount also uses small set screws. Thanks for your replies.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They aren't really good scopes, not tough enough for sustained large recoil. I think you could mount them on mount on about anything. Weaver made a 1 piece long mount with a 3/8 tip-off rail for lots of stuff.

added I think "Scout" rifles use long eye relief like pistol scopes. I have seen muzzle loaders with a forward mounted scopes.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years back had one of the scopes. The mount replaced the left grip, on a Colt 1911 series pistol. It was intended to be shot from the off hand position. The normal way that you would shoot a 45, using iron sights.

Perhaps you have a different Bushnell Phantom scope? Than the one I had. I believe that the Phantom's were made to be shot off hand, and held at arms length. Not mounted at the rear of a rifle receiver, because the minimum eye relief would not be sufficient.
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fits into rear sight on Winchester Model 94 lever action .30-30.
    Replaces rear sight.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks richarda, I tried it on an old 94 and it fits great. The eye relief is good, too.