In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pellet Pistol ID

Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
A local auction house has a pistol pictured in a High Standard box for a .22 semi-auto. But it looks like a pellet pistol. Can anyone ID it?
http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2762163/fp27.cgi

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a Crosman CO2 pistol, possibly a Model 116.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Book of Airguns. Shows the long barreled Crosman's, made in the early 50's. To be the Models 111 & 112.

The auction photo shows dark plastic grips. This might identify it as the 112? As the color of the grips, seem to be the only difference.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above,,you can sell the box for 30 or more if you get he pistol.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like a CO2 one that is recharged from a larger tank not the little throw away cartridges. I rebuilt several pistols and a rifle back in the 70's, and part were hard to find even then.

I really liked the 600 I rebuilt. With the disconnector out it would run full auto. Ten 22 caliber pellets in a dime at 30' in a heart beat. It would CO2 for more than a year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all!
    Yes Grasshopper, the box may be worth more.
    I'll let you know what happens.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The photos made it look good. The 116 was a POS with rust & broken parts. Someone did pay $40. I didn't think it was worth it for a parts gun & box.