In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Airgun Info?

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
Have a Blazer .177 conversion unit for the ACP style pistols.
Can't find the box at the moment. It was marketed by Daisy or Crosman; don't recall which. Made in W. Germany. CO2 powered single shot slide assembly rides atop ACP frame using the pistols trigger/hammer, etc. to discharge enough CO2 to propel a .177 pellet with satisfying accuracy.
Problem? They haven't been made for years and I need a rear sight.
1 piece unit held to top of slide with a single screw. Slot in sight allows for some horizontal movement and sight sits on a sloped base that allows for elevation changes by moving the unit forward or backward. Pictures available via email if you think you might have something like this or know of a possible source for old air gun part.
Thanks Rob[:D]

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your post interested me. I have a number of .22 conversion units for various pistols. Mostly Glocks, couple Colts.

There is a interesting U Tube video I found, regarding your conversion unit. Guy from Canada, went into great detail. With excellent quality video. Unfortunately they appear to be very uncommon. As they were imported and sold by Crosman, for only a couple of years in the late 80's.

According to him, the German maker Blazer. Is the same outfit, that makes the very expensive bolt action rifles, with interchangeable barrels.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would just make one if you have pic's for guidance. Aluminum is easy to shape with a file. Mild steel is easy but takes longer. Then apply a finish to match. Bead blasted then hot blued steel would be my first choice.

If you can email pic's you should be able to upload them to photobucket, then post in the wanted forum.

If nothing else works out email the pic to me by clicking on my name and I'll post them for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Interesting info, Rufe. Thanks. I never made the Blazer connection.
    Worst comes to worst I should be able to afix something like a Ruger or S & W rear blade to the original base, which I still have. It got dropped. Won't say how, and the right side of the blade was badly damaged. Will check out that Youtube clip![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just saw you post, Charlie. Thanks. Given a few minutes I think I can manage the Photobucket route!
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - no promises - but you might try Accurate Airguns LLC - phone # 360-656-5123 - e-mail airguns@comcast.net - Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All set for now and thanks to all who responded.
    Haven't been able to find that YouTube link, but will keep trying.
    I took a rear sight insert from a Ruger rear sight, filed off the trapezoidal extention on the bottom, and epoxied it to the original base.
    Best to All,
    Rob
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    All set for now and thanks to all who responded.
    Haven't been able to find that YouTube link, but will keep trying.
    I took a rear sight insert from a Ruger rear sight, filed off the trapezoidal extention on the bottom, and epoxied it to the original base.
    Best to All,
    Rob

I tried to provide a link to the U Tube video. For some reason, this sites filter, won't accept the complete link. I don't know why.

Here is the complete title of the video, perhaps you can find it by using it as a search term on U Tube.

"Crosman/Blaser 1911 Pistol Conversion Unit"
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That did it! Great! Thanks.[:D][:D]