In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin model 90

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hey folks,

I'm familiar with Marlin rifles, but new to Marlin shotguns. Just purchased a Model 90 12 ga. DT, and I was wondering about the history of these guns. I've seen they were only manufactured for a few years, and sold through Sears for a time. Anyone have experience with these shotguns? Bought it because it seems like a good, solid workhorse O/U.

Thanks very much,

MM336

Remington 870 large-frame Wingmaster 20
Marlin 39A
Marlin 336ss 30/30

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I saw on numrich that they have 20 Ga barrels for sale for the marlin model 90. I have a 12 Ga model 90. Does the 20 Ga have a totally different receiver of could the 20 Ga barrels be fitted to my receiver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have aMarlin model 90, 16 ga. and I was wondering how I could find out it's age & value. According to Marlin, it was made from 37-59, with the exception ofthe war years of 42-46. Unfortunately they couldn't give me an exact age based on serial number. Can anybody help me out?
    GH1[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Marlin Model 90 12 gauge with 26" Barrels. This is truly a masterpiece with beautiful flame grained wood, excellent checkering and exquisite scroll engraving on the receiver. The barrels are webbed. I never knew Marlin made O/U shotguns until recently. The finish on the wood has oxidized in places, so, it must be at least 50-60 years old. I have several questions. If I supply the serial number, can someone tell me when it was made? Second, how do you tell what choking you have? Third, how do you take the barrels off? The forearm has two screws and it appears to slide forward. Fourth, is this possibly a custom made gun? Many of the Marlins I have looked at are rather plain, but this one is fit for a king. In fact I like this shotgun much better than the old Winchester M 101 I used to have. I wish Marlin would make this gun again.

In sum, I am really pleased to own this fine weapon, as it balances beautifully, is truly gorgeous to look at, and like all Marlins, is very, very well made.

Thank you for your responses
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you notice the part # for receivers?? it should be the same # if they are interchangeable, or so I would guess.