In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.22 L.R. TRACER AMMO?

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
edited June 2018 in Ask the Experts
I picked up 2 boxes of this at a local auction. I remenber shooting this stuff in the 1970's but haven't seen it since. any idea of what it's worth??
FnoLyWyl.jpg

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    never knew they made such a thing I have a number of boxes of 22short SPLATTERless from many years ago can't find it any more Either
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Gevelot .22 tracer I have seen sold (in that box) went for around $30 per box. Not as visible as a military centerfire tracer.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had some Gevelot ammo, in 7.65 French Long. Shot it in a French Military, Model 1935 S pistol. It worked OK, but didn't seem to be as hotly loaded. As the ammo was supposed to be. This stuff was used in the French submachine guns. That dated to the 30's and 40's. And to be loaded similarly to the 30 Luger.

Don't know if they (Gevelot), is still in business? Their open bolt .22 rifles, haven't been sold over here since the 80's. Might make your ammo more valuable?