In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is a Talo edition in a Ruger GP100??

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ask the Experts
So I keep seeing "This is a Talo edition", in GB ads, like a Talo edition is something special but the ad does not say what is so special about a Talo edition. So what is a talo edition and why is it desirable??

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A wholesaler pays Ruger, to make a limited run of a certain Model. The markings,finish,barrel length, grips etc. Might be specifically made by Ruger, for that one customer?

It is then advertised, as a special limited run by the wholesaler.

Far as I'm concerned, if it isn't specifically cataloged by Ruger. As a distinct model or variation. It just another, "America Remembers", type instant antique.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.taloinc.com/ruger-firearms/wiley-clapp-gp100-1752

I don't know that I would pay extra, or that down the line it will be worth extra. On the other hand if it has features you like it might be just the ticket.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talo has been successful with many of their "special editions", especially S&W's, because they have a knack for ordering guns that have features that shooters really like. That's different from America Remembers, which orders guns & has a specialty shop pimp them out with lots of plating & machine engraving.

I think that they made a mistake with Wiley Clapp guns, as few folks today know or care who he is.

Neal

"There are lots of famous people that no one every heard of."
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Neal, I have two or three Talo guns, not as investments, but because, for example, at the time that was the only new .38 Super
    1911 being made. The others also have a barrel length I wanted or other attribute.