In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping to FFL Dealers a Must

davidcoxedavidcoxe Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ask the Experts
On a few Occasions I have noticed on a few auctions where a seller is claiming that a Finnish M 39 does not have to be shipped via an FFL dealer because the receiver was made prior to 1898. The simple fact that it was refurbished in 1939 changes the conversation 100% and it must be shipped to an FFL.

People please I do not care if you are smarter than everyone else and that you have been buying and selling guns since you were born. The Federal Government, ATF and loads of Anti Gun Liberals are out there ready and willing to destroy your life as with everyone else's. I personally do not care if it is an 1871 Springfield Trap Door, if you send it to a Buyer or seller please be smart, spend the extra dollar and send it to an FFL.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    sorry, but I dis-agree. once an antique always an antique.
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one of the reasons pre 1898 Mauser, Enfield and Mosin Nagants go for more money is just the fact it is not required to e shipped via an FFL. Understand your concern but anti gunners are after us for anything including obeying the law.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC if the firearm has been modified from original, it no longer gets the antique pass...????
    JIM.....
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a tough group to convince.

Opinions on the interpretation of firearms regulations that vary from those commonly accepted as true are best backed up by citing a section of ATF P5300.4, a specific FFL Newsletter, or a photocopy of an ATF opinion letter.

Neal
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Modification will affect C&R status. It will NOT affect antique status unless you make it into an NFA firearm.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Modification will affect C&R status. It will NOT affect antique status unless you make it into an NFA firearm.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    So you came on board just to give us your version of a public service announcement and provide incorrect information along with it?

Unlike a Curio and Relic, if the firearm was produced in or before 1898, it doesn't matter if it has been sporterized, rebuilt, or overhauled...it remains an antique.

If you want to talk about anti gun liberals (with no mention of anti gun conservatives, of which there are many) then take it over to the political forum. If you want to discuss gun rights then go to the Gun Rights Forum.

No more free advice or lectures from you in Ask The Experts. Consider yourself warned...and I only give one warning.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1