In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need ffl for blank gun?

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Ask the Experts
selling a 1930's Italian fascist youth training rifle. its designed to shoot 6mm blanks. might be a silly question but do I need to get an ffl from buyer? thanks for any help.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO, depends what State the buyer resides in. Some of the commie states, (CA, NJ, MA etc.). Wouldn't know a blank firing rifle. From a pimple on their butts. But they could still cause you a awful lot of grief, over it. But it's your call.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    your the seller you set the rules, personally I would just to cover my own butt, but do as you feel best.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Firearm Defined under Federal Law
    Federal firearms laws define a firearm as any weapon (including a starter gun) which expels a projectile by means of an explosive or is designed or may be readily converted to do so. This includes the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any firearm muffler or silencer or destructive device. Antique firearms are not included in this definition (18 U.S.C. ? 921 (3)).

If it cannot expel a projectile, or readily be converted to do so, it is not a firearm by FEDERAL law, and no FFL is required. If you live in a batcrap crazy state like CA, NJ or NY, yer on yer own. I don't know you and I was never here.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can never tell about some places. A jeep guy was pulled over because some lady called the state police, frantically reporting he had a machine gun on the hood. Assault HiLift jack
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold 3 blank guns in the last 10 years. all went usps. just make sure the blanks aren't with it when you ship!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.