In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W 41

tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
I just picked a model 41,5 1/2 barrel,SN 97514.It also came with a S&W 7" two tone compensated barrel.Can someone give me a D.O.M.Will try to get some pics posted when the wife wakes up from her nap.Thanks

The 7" barrel is marked Smith&Wesson on the left side,22 long rifle on the right side.The top (sight rail) is parkerized? As well as the compensator,the barrel is silver.Appears to be unfired.

Perry if I can't get pics posted here,would you mind if I sent them to you?

Perry pics sent hope they help

Comments

• Options
    tjh1948tjh1948 Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently helped a shirt tale relative sell her deceased husband's guns. She paid me with three (3) S&W Field Barrels & Slides for a Model 41. Two (2) questions:
    What is a Field, 5'. barrel & slide worth?
    Will they fit a standard 41 Frame?

I did measure them & they are not cut down 7.5" units.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was lucky enough to get one of the 5" sport/field? barrels, for my 41 a number of years ago. It fit right on my mid 80's 41, with no problem.

For some reason, Smith only makes periodic runs of these barrels? Because each run has had different characteristics, they become instant big buck collectors items. Over and above, their value to shooters.

They turn up on the GB auction regularly, going for big bucks. Don't know what the slides are going for? But if your 3 sport/field barrels. Are authentic S & W, and factory original, in at least VG condition? Depending on vintage and markings etc. My WAG, at least $1500.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All slides are the same. It's just the barrels that are unique.

Neal
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    All slides are the same. It's just the barrels that are unique.

Neal

Except the Model 41-1 slides which are aluminum.