In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 81 peep sight?

0rangeD0rangeD Member Posts: 116
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington Model 81 with a Williams peep sight. The site has a hole in the back, it looks like there should be a screw there. Does anyone know what that screw does and where I can get a replacement?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which screw? They will be extra fine gun screws not usually at the hardware store.

DSC00650.jpg

https://williamsgunsight.com/product/williams-regular-aperture/
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only one that I can think of, that's visible from the back. Is the threaded hole for the aperture.

Williams is still in business and sells various sizes of apertures for their sights. Likely yours being a Model 81, it might be old enough to collect social security. I would check with Williams, that their presently manufactured apertures will work in their older sights made for the Model 81.

p_080766381_2.jpg
  • Options
    rmillrmill Member Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, I have had an 81 or three and depending... There is, on some 81's, a mounting spot directly on the back of the receiver (a threaded hole in the back of the 'hump') that some peep sights mounted to. Good luck!