In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Antonio Zoli Hebsacker

Rich K.Rich K. Member Posts: 11
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
I am writing to see if anyone can help me find out some info on an Antonio Zoli Hebsacker O/U 20 ga. with double triggers. the gun is in "very good" condition. I was wanting to find out more about the gun. Such as more info about the Hebsacker name, the general value of the gun and maybe some history on Antonio Zoli guns from the 60s and 70s.
I appreciate your time and help on this and apologize in advance for not providing a picture.
Thanks,

Rich

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one you can watch. Also you can do an advanced search on completed auction for actual selling prices.

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/777607169

I think Hebsacker is the importer from Germany.

http://italianpegadventure.com/zoli.php
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hebsacker was the name, of a German wholesaler and distributor of firearms and sporting goods. Your shotgun was probably originally sold in Germany, because of this.

Antonio Zoli was a member, of a noted Italian gun making family. In business, as early as the 19th Century. He made a whole spectrum of different firearms. Some very valuable. Because of this it would be best. If you could have a hands-on, with someone knowledgeable and honest person regarding the shotgun. Not likely it would be one, of the very valuable ones, but you never can tell?
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - as you might suspect from my "screen" name - I own a sizable number of shotguns. You have been referred to an auction number on GunBroker auction side that is a model that may be the same as the one of your interest. I have never owned this particular Antonio Zoli model nor ever had one in my hands. But based on the auction photos - I can tell you a few things about it.

First - photo 4 of 18 shows that this is an actual side lock shotgun (look at the screw head) - these a not "fake" side plates. Side locks are a plus - should it ever need cleaning and maintenance - side locks simplify matters.

I can't get an exact vertical view of the tang - but it has a tang safety and the release lever appears to be centered or very slightly to the right - that's a good thing.

Photo 17 of 18 shows it has a cross-bolt lockup. Such a lockup is veeeeeerrry strong. You could probably put proof loads in each barrel - pull both triggers at the same time and the action most likely would not blow open. This photo shows it has extractors and not ejectors - I prefer ejectors - but that is my personal bias.

Photo 18 of 18 shows that the barrels are choked either light modified or modified - (my old eyes can't tell for sure) and improved cylinder. [Barrel selection is done by your trigger finger.] This combination makes it a nice field gun for birds.

The photos also show it has been equipped with a "Kick-Eez" butt pad - nice with heavy load 20 gauge shotshells.

Were the shotgun on auction a 28 gauge - I would be all over it like ugly on an ape and bidding could get interesting. If the one on auction is the same as the one you are interested in - watch what the one on auction goes for - secondly put the shotgun in you hands and carefully look it over before you commit if at all possible.

Best of Luck & Best Regards - AQH

For whatever worth it may be https://www.GunBroker.com/item/777607169
    that you were referred to sold for $595 with 7 bids. Hopefully this will be of assistance to you in your quest - Best Regards - AQH