In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Keltec 9s...

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
My friend has 2 Keltec 9's,and both are FTF problems?...any quick fix?...SST replacement?.(Guides)

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that failure to fire or failure to feed? If they are new perhaps they have burrs that can be fixed by stoning the working surfaces or just shooting them enough to wear in. The inside of the magazine can have burrs also.

Try different ammo type to see if any work better - ball vs hollow points and hotter loadings. Different magazines might solve the issue too.

Have someone shoot them, some autoloaders don't respond well to "limp wrist" holdings.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My P 11, gave me occasional fail to fire problems. As this was my EDC, it wasn't acceptable. Removed a couple/3 turns off the firing pin retraction spring. Problem went away.

Be advised, this might cause problems, if the primer metal is punctured. Be very careful, when your cutting the spring back.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second the motion to have another person, especially one who shoots autos regularly, try shooting yours. A friend of mine who had been almost exclusively a revolver shooter got his first auto and was complaining of lots of FTF and FTE. I watched and could see he was using his old revolver limpwrist grip. When I tried his gun, it worked 100% fine. I coached him to stiffen up his wrist and then he got good results.
    The second option is to try some different bullet shapes. Some small autos are very particular about their diet.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keltec has great customer service.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Never had a problem with either of my kel-tec 9s, I just don't like the long trigger pull on the P11(DAO).
    The PF9 is only a single stack, and doesn't take the s&w model 59 series mags, but it's about 3/4" thinner.
    If your "only" option is to start hacking away at your springs, you've got bigger problems.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little Gun Medic fixed them up! Thanks all...[;)]
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keltec has an unlimited lifetime warranty I think.