In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fairlane66 - Model 52

iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ask the Experts
I ran across the same sort of problem after storing my Anschutz in someones safe.

Is the safety ON? That's what the issue was w/ the Anschutz. The safety might 'freeze' the trigger.

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, what works for me is ...

Cock the action, press the trigger. Then immediately push trigger forward and hold. Lift bolt and remove. Release trigger.

To re-insert, press and hold trigger to the rear. Slide in bolt until it stops. Push trigger forward and hold, fully insert bolt.

That's how mine works. It's the only way it works for me every time. Maybe my gun is broken, maybe I'm doing it "wrong" but it works for me.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    Well, what works for me is ...

Cock the action, press the trigger. Then immediately push trigger forward and hold. Lift bolt and remove. Release trigger.

To re-insert, press and hold trigger to the rear. Slide in bolt until it stops. Push trigger forward and hold, fully insert bolt.

That's how mine works. It's the only way it works for me every time. Maybe my gun is broken, maybe I'm doing it "wrong" but it works for me.

If I read the OP correctly, the bolt is out of the rifle and he can't re-install it.

I wonder if the forward part of the bolt was turned, preventing inserting in the receiver. I've seen that 'issue' too.

But the OP also stated his trigger won't move, and that leads me to believe the safety is on.