In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weaver scope

W92fanW92fan Member Posts: 92
edited August 2018 in Ask the Experts
A friend has a weaver scope that needs repair. Are they still in business?
Dealer told him water got inside and if he opened it up the gas would leak out. How can water get in without gas not getting out?
Is there a place that repairs scopes reasonable? Thanks

Jim

Comments

• W92fanW92fan Member Posts: 92
    edited November -1
    Can any one comment good or bad on a weaver v24 scope? Thinking of buying one to put on my 22-250 for varmit hunting. THANKS.
    edited November -1
    Can anyone out there help me with information on an old Weaver scope? The model is 334 and the base is a TO 3. I would like to know the vintage and gun that the TO 3 base fits. Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    Customer came in with an older Weaver K10-03 w/adj. objective.
    Scope appears to be a one piece tube with fine crosshairs.
    It is in real nice shape.

Anybody have any info on mfg. date and value?
    edited November -1
    My Weaver K10 scope has broken wires in the reticle. Is that economically worth getting repaired or would it be just as well to get another scope? Anyone out there do such repairs?
    edited November -1
    I have a model 298 side mount scope and i was curious on the value of it as well as when it may have been made? It came on a winchester 30-30 Mode 94 i bought.
    edited November -1
    I have a weaver 4 power steel tube scope. Towards the rear of the scope in white letters is says Weaver k4-1. On the left side of the scope just under the height adjustment in white letters it says Micro-Trac.
    How old would this scope be?
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the approximate value of a Weaver K4-50 Scope, with 50th Anniversary model 1933-1983, and Gold colored profile of Bill Weaver on the windage & elevation caps. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    My dad has a Weaver scope, model k450 limited edition, 50 year anniversary. We can not find any info about it. We would like to find out what it is worth. He also has the original catalog that came with it. It is new/excellent condition, in the original box. Do you know anything about it?
    edited November -1
    does anyone know if the weaver scopes like the T- series are made in the usa or elsewhere...
    thanks in advance
    RichG,....
  • DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get another scope, it will cost at least 100+ shipping
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the glass is good,sell it for parts.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above- those older Weavers were very nice.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dokey and Tflogger have given good advice. That scope would sell for $50-60 to someone wanting to match it to a period rifle, so it is not without value, but it would likely cost twice that to repair it, thus sell it for parts.

The other side is that today you can buy better glass for that $100 than you could get for $500 when the Weaver was built. Do yourself a favor and buy the best quality scope you can stretch to afford, Burris or Leupold at least. Put a $100 scope on a $700 rifle and you have a $100 rifle in terms of function.

In case you decide otherwise, this might help:

Scope Repair
    (Updated 08/30/2015)

Iron Sight, Inc.
    4814 S ELWOOD AVE
    Tulsa, OK 74107
    Phone1 : 918 . 445 . 2001
    Phone2 : 918 .521 . 7736
    http://www.ironsightinc.com/

ABO(USA) Inc
    14041 SW 139th Ct
    305-860-4858
    http://abousainc.com/

Dan Stangerone
    104 Pollywiggle Ln
    Pleasantville, NY 10570
    ds1911@verizon.net

I stick to replacing crosshair wires on ONLY Unertl & Lyman & * external adjustment scopes and the Weaver 330 and M73B1 sniper scopes as well. No cleaning or other repairs. Turnaround time is immediate, as I usually get the scopes fixed and back in the next day?s mail. No 6 or 8 month wait...Price for crosshair wire replacement is $85 and I?ll pay return shipping. For Do It Yourselfer?s, I also sell the best crosshair wire money can buy for about 20 years now. Its annealed Tungsten, is very strong & shows up Jet Black when installed. I have two diameters to choose from. Medium (.0015?) and Fine (.0005?). Price is $15 per 10 foot length of either wire. I'll pay return shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. USA sales ONLY, please. US Postal Money Orders ONLY, please.
    Please communicate by email.

L & K Scope Repair
    PO Box 32
    Eldridge Missouri (MO) 65463 United States
    Hours of operation: We prefer no phone calls after 6 pm (Missouri time)
    417 426-5041
    lkscoperepair@hughes.net

Parsons Scope Repair
    1563 Compton Road
    Cincinnati, OH 45231

Phone: 513-867-0820
    parsonsscope@zoomtown.com

We principally work on all externally-adjusted scopes, spotting scopes, some foreign-made scopes, most any vintage scope and antique telescopes. The only German scopes we work on are Weatherbys. We do NOT work on Tasco, Simmons, Bushnell or any Japanese-made scope. We do NOT work on Weaver, Leupold or most Redfields.
    We limit service to the United States and Canada
    edited November -1
    As usual, I have gotten great response from Forum members.
    After my carelessness damaged the scope, I kinda figured another scope would probably be best. Having grown up in the 1950's my mindset tends more toward repair if possible. I know there are excellent newer scopes, but I like the looks of the smooth, elegant design of the Weaver K on my older rifle. It's like Formula 1 race cars. The modern designs are certainly more aerodynamic, but they don't look as nice as the cars of the mid & late 1960's. ( That goes for Ferrari's Endurance racecars of that era, too. )
    Thanks for taking the time to advise me about my scope.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was a nice one for $70 on fleabay.