In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Bolt

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
Will a Rem 700 bolt fit in a Rem 721 30-06

Comments

• Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I have just purchased a Remington Model 700 BDL Limited, the rifle is very nice however I would like to be able to lock the bolt down when the safety is on. Unlike it's current factory option. Is there any products or services that can improve this safety function.

Thank you
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    What BT99 said. However, the bolt handles are shaped differently and may require some relief modification on the stock.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless it's a rebarrel project don't forget to check head space.
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes they will. I have a 722 with a 700 bolt. Works great and head space is OK. Small mod to inlet the bolt handle, and fit 700 BDL bottom metal.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dokey,

One thing to remember is that there is a variation in actions which did away with the anti-bind feature and the bolt lacked the anti-bind slot. If the bolt lacks the slot, one will have to be cut into the lug, otherwise check the receiver and the bolt for the feature you need.

Best.