In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Microtech STG parts.

moe45moe45 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
I?ve looked far and wide; not even RatWorx can help. Needing a lead on a machine shop or outfitter that dels with Microtech STG parts and accessories. Needing a top rail for optics, firing pin, and bolt. Anything that anyone can lead me to would be great.
Thx!!

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck. I guess it depends how good a clone it was. Perhaps the parent rifle (Steyr AUG) parts will/could be fitted.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/23/microtech-small-arms-research-closes-its-doors/
  • Options
    moe45moe45 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?ve had 3 different Microtech STG mods, and just picked up the E4 version. Has the scope and want to take it off and put on a 9?-13? top rail. I used to buy them from RatWorx, but they no longer make them. I?ll have to double check the AUG offerings but if I remember, the foot print is off a tad where the bolt holes line up. Only other issue I had on one was the firing pin broke. Which at the time RatWorx had them. Again, no more. Looks like I?ll just have to find a machine shop and pay out the butt.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to a machinest about making a firing pin some years ago, I think it was for a DaeWoo DR300(7.62x39 model) he wasn't interested but said something like that would be best made on a CNC machine ... The first one is expensive, the rest are gravy!

He said to make a hundred or so because after the heat treat maybe half would be useable because parts that small and long have problems with warpage, brittleness and something else ...

Also, you probably aren't the only one that needs one, or will eventually ... If you can put the money up front, you can sell them for enough that you can have a few for free.

I sold the gun for parts and shortly thereafter DaewooParts.com started making batches of them ... but I still haven't seen anyone making the 7.62x39 bolts, mine had broken all the lugs off of it too.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.