In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win, Mod. 42 question

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
I have one of these that I had a rib put on by Simmons along with their deluxe blue job many years ago. Also a pacmyer (sp?) pad. Mfg. date 1950-1951. A1 shape but, is there any value here after these changes? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would start with an advanced search on completed auctions and see if there are any like yours vs. original.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    these have their own following, some just want one, others want original. You have eliminated the original crowd, but there is still value in the owner/shooter crowd, though it maybe somewhat less, it should still bring good money. I have been out of the gun show crowd for few years, but would guess, in good shape as you say somewhere in the $1000.+/- ballpark
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen them at gun shows with Cutts Compensators and some other ugly modifications and the sellers want more than $1000. The price based on condition with a Simmons rib is a positive; and as always and commented earlier, check some of the completed auctions with a sale.
  • Options
    khornetkhornet Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simmons was actually the original supplier of vent ribs for the 42.
  • Options
    b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have heard this as well, back a couple decades ago: these factory ribs just did not bear the "Simmons" rollstamp logo.
    Rib installation didn't hurt the value much, but can't say the same regarding that Pachmayr pad.
    quote:Originally posted by khornet
    Simmons was actually the original supplier of vent ribs for the 42.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above 1k retail, it would sell good here.imo