In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Leupold scopes

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
are the wally world leupolds the same quality as the gunshop ones? if not how do you tell them apart by looking at them.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I see many leupold scopes for sale. Shipped from china.
    Are these the real thing or just counterfit?
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shipped from china,avoid it.
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On ebay there are uppity brand (e.g., Zeiss, ...) scopes shipped from China. Their prices were extraordinary low compared to what you expect. That said, I also stayed away from them but it turns out that the lenses in most of the high end scopes are made in China - even Leupold's - which is a topic covered before either here or elsewhere.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I called Leupold on one and he stated some numbers that are fake. Mine turned out to be real. He stated they are making copies of about all of their scopes now. Fleabay has Zeis scopes for like 70 bucks. Complete fakes of course and people buy them? [|)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Counterfeit as a three dollar bill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks all. I suspected as such.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got nothing against China, or Chinese people. But I have had a lot of problems, with manufactured products from there. Plumbing, electrical, locks etc. All their stuff seems to be deliberately made to self destruct, as soon as the warrentee has expired.

As far as optical products are concerned. I have no problems in buying Chinese scopes, red dots. As long as there not counterfeit. And the US dealer/manufacturer stands behind them. Like Burris or Dagger Defense, does with their products.