In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Info on Winchester 94

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a Winchester model 94 32 special carbine serial # 1317813 and was wondering if I could get the date it was made or any other relevant info on this rifle ? As always any info is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made in 1942. I don't think you'll find any further information from the factory for a gun in that date range. Posing good pictures might get some comments from experts here.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CFM records office has the original Winchester factory serialization records (referred to as the "Polishing Room" records), and can for a $40 fee provide you with a letter that will provide the exact date it was manufactured in early 1942. The CFM has the original records for serial numbers 1 - 1352066 (December 29th, 1945). For serial numbers > 1352066, former Winchester employee Pauline Muerrle has the original serialization records.
  • Options
    338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Info is appreciated