In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Inexpensive buttstock swap

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Ask the Experts
Have a youth/women's Beretta 391 Urika 20 ga and it needs to be shorter LOP for short armed granddaughter.
Don't really want to cut the current stock, so looking for an inexpensive way to fit another.

Ideas?
I posted a thread on WTB, hoping that someone has a beater that they have taken off.

Mule

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough call for a growing kid. $226 new field for a grand shotgun or use a really thin kerf saw and glue them back in as needed. I would think you could find a used already short stock autoloader for that price.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-391/stocks.html

fleabay has a used 390/391 for about $120 so far
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Growing kids.
    This is the second grandchild to carry this ?family gun? and there are three more after her and all will have similar build.
    So chopping a replacement stock won?t be a drama and then add spacers as they grow, then removing them for the next hand me down, then in 12/15 years the original can be reinstalled.

Mule